Would I be a government employee?
No, you will be a Spectrum employee or an independent contractor depending on your position. Spectrum will be responsible for all aspects of your employment including credentialing, human resources and payroll. Also, your dedicated Spectrum representative is available to assist you with other employment needs that may arise.
What is it like working at a Military Treatment Facility, Veterans Affairs clinic or Federal facility?
You will work in a dynamic healthcare delivery team serving soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines, their families, veterans and Federal employees. Please visit our testimonials page to learn why our opportunities are so rewarding.
What benefits does Spectrum offer for physicians?
- Schedules offer work/life balance
- Facilities have busy, existing clinics – practice building not required
- No administrative hassles associated with managing a practice
- Competitive, predictable income
- Our independent contractor staff have access to group benefits through Physician Solutions
- Insurance billing not required for compensation
- Set schedule with a predictable Income
- Structured setting with support staff on site
- Manageable patient workload
- Patients are compliant, respectful, and appreciative
- Malpractice insurance
- If personal services contract, there is no cost to the physician
- If non-personal services contract, physician can sign up for coverage through us at a rate that is typically less than market average
- EMR (electronic medical records) – training and support available
For Other providers and healthcare professional employees, Spectrum offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, flexible spending account
- Paid time off starts accruing immediately
- Paid federal holidays
What is a contract worker?
A contract worker is typically defined as a worker who works in a government facility but is contracted to work by a private company, not the government.
Is it required to be licensed in the state for which I am applying?
Any state license allows you to work in most federal facilities in the United States.
How do I apply for a job at Spectrum?
Visit the Join Our Team page and select Search Openings. Now enter a word or category and location preference and select search. A list of current job opportunities is generated. Click on the job title for more information.
If the job interests you, select the Apply button. Now you will be asked to complete a profile in our applicant tracking system. Once this process is complete your information will be submitted.
Applicants needing a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job opening should contact the Human Resources Department at HR_SHR@spectrumhealth.com.
How can you automatically notify me about job openings I am interested in?
If you search for a job, but there are no current openings available, you can set up a search agent, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. You will be asked to create an account, but this is only to give you the option to manage your email subscriptions in the future.
How do I stop getting automatic notifications from the Career Site?
Login to your account and select manage my email subscriptions on the home page. Then you have the option to unsubscribe from future email communications.